What is SAP?
SAP is a business software company, recognized as the world’s largest provider of enterprise applications. Its portfolio offers end to end solutions to cover all of its clients’ business requirements, whether it is accounting, sales, production, HR, finance or e-commerce, in an integrated environment, with data from each module stored in a central database.
Founded in 1972 the company was initially called System Analysis Program Development (from the German Systemanalyse Programmentwicklung), later abbreviated to SAP. Since then, it has become a multinational enterprise with more than 100,000 employees, 440,000 customers in 180 countries. Also, it has more than 100 solutions covering all business functions, and the largest cloud portfolio of any provider.
SAP enables customers to run better and make smarter decisions by providing solutions that help companies manage their entire business.
Why do the world’s largest companies use SAP?
As companies get more technologically advanced and grow larger, they need a way to manage their processes and keep track of all of their business transactions. This can easily lead to chaos and massive amounts of data being lost or misplaced. That’s where SAP’s solutions come in! It is the world’s most trusted business software company and is widely used by businesses of all sizes, in all industries and from all around the world. They delivers powerful analytics and innovative business intelligence tools to help professionals make smarter decisions faster and grow their businesses. There are many reasons why big companies choose SAP solutions, including the company’s long history and its global reach. Besides that, it has a very complete portfolio that can handle the vast majority of a company’s business processes. But one of the main reasons enterprises go with SAP is because of its scalability.
SAP’s products are designed to grow with a company. As a company expands its operations and adds new employees, it can easily add more licenses for SAP products. This scalability is essential for large enterprises that need to maintain their systems as they grow.
In addition, they offers a wide range of services and support options for its enterprise customers. This includes everything from implementation and integration services to training and support. Enterprises can be confident that they will have access to the resources they need to run SAP products successfully.
Ultimately, enterprises choose SAP because it is a proven and trusted solution that can help them drive growth and success.
The benefits of SAP
1. Efficiency and productivity gains products are designed to streamline business processes and make organizations more efficient. This leads to increased productivity and profitability.
2. Improved decision making allows companies to consolidate all of their data into one place and make it accessible to all users so that they can make better informed decisions with access to real-time information. This leads to improved business performance.
3. Reduced costs Can help businesses save money by automating tasks and reducing the need for manual intervention. This leads to reduced operating costs and increased savings.
4. Increased customer satisfaction Helps businesses improve their customer service levels by providing them with the tools and information they need to deliver a better experience. This leads to happier customers and repeats business.
5. Global reach Gives businesses the ability to reach customers around the world through an integrated global network. This leads to greater international expansion opportunities.
6. Improved planning and forecasting enables companies to identify trends and formulate accurate forecasts, which is important for business planning.
7. Enhanced security Provides companies with a reliable framework that can be used to securely transmit sensitive data.
8. Highly customizable solutions are highly customizable to the needs and demands of each business and industry.
As already mentioned SAP has a lot of different solutions for all business processes, like enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management, expense management, finance, and human capital. Let’s highlight their’s customer experience solutions, which Digiu Digital is a specialist in.
SAP Customer Experience Solutions – C/4HANA
Over the years, the company has created a fully integrated ecosystem for e-Commerce businesses consisting of numerous modules, products, and solutions that are both out of the box and customizable. That makes SAP a commerce market giant who can offer anything you need to interact with your customers, from their first contact with your brand through to the moment of purchase and after-sales support.
Having incorporated microservices and machine learning, the company has made a huge leap forward in providing advanced real-time customer engagement. It has created solutions that transform the traditional way of selling products and services: it is not about pure transactions anymore but about long-term relationships.
In a traditional CRM sales, marketing and customer service department modules function separately, but on SAP CX, formerly known as SAP C/4HANA, all the individual cloud services — SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Customer Data Cloud, SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Service Cloud, and SAP Marketing Cloud — are unified and work as one so that each participant is automatically notified of all business activities.
The right combination of SAP CX components can help ensure that a business gets a faster return on investment in customer experience.
- SAP Commerce Cloud (formerly Hybris Commerce) gives companies the ability to create catalogs of products and services that customers can choose from.
- SAP Marketing Cloud (formerly SAP Hybris Marketing) allows companies to integrate their various marketing initiatives – such as print, electronic, or social media ads – and, through analytics, allows them to track which marketing initiatives are converting into sales.
- SAP Sales Cloud (formerly SAP Hybris Sales) empowers the sales force throughout the entire sales cycle. It gives customers an easy way to find information about a company’s product or service and also captures customer information for the sales team. The component offers features such as creating and submitting quotes, tracking orders, invoicing, and enabling automatic payment.
- SAP Service Cloud (formerly SAP Hybris Services) allows customers to request a return, replacement, or refund for delivered products or services with a hassle-free experience, which in turn makes customers more likely to recommend the company to others.
- SAP Customer Data Cloud gathers data from known and unknown visitors to a company’s website. This data is evaluated to ensure more proactive engagements with visitors and to gain insights into the types of products and services that visitors are interested in or are searching for. It also helps companies ensure GDPR compliance.
Would you like to learn more about SAP Solutions and how to implement it in your business? Give us a call. Our approach is simple: We work with our customers to understand their needs and partner with them to build solutions that help run the business better and grow profitably. Our clients have all their SAP needs met in a single partner – from the acquisition, license, development, implementation, digital agency, and support – which brings more security and practicality during operations.